- Guided excess professional liability insurer through settlement negotiations involving multiple underlying claims and insurance towers.
- Provided legal advice with respect to insurer’s rights to decline to appeal an underlying verdict issued in Australia against the insured involving food poisoning that rendered the claimant a quadriplegic.
- Represented Bermuda insurer in lawsuit and evaluated coverage under professional liability policy and financial institution bond related to allegations that insured bank assisted fraudster in orchestrating Ponzi Scheme.
- Evaluated EPL coverage on behalf of Bermuda insurer related to allegations by retired employees of insured automotive company that the insured wrongfully reduced the employees’ retirement benefits.
- Represented Bermuda insurer in breach of contract action seeking coverage under integrated risk policy providing Bankers Blanket Bond and Bankers Professional Liability coverage.
- Defended Bermuda and U.S. insurers in declaratory judgment action seeking coverage under D&O policies.
- Represented insurers in actions against the Canadian tobacco industry.
- Evaluated coverage issues with respect to an ex parte application filed in Calcutta, India to enjoin a ratings company from publishing a downgraded rating on claimant’s company.
- Analyzed coverage issues regarding demands made by two Italian gaming companies for compensation related to insured’s alleged delays in supplying video lottery terminals for Italy’s new gaming network, technical problems with the machines, and non-compliance with Italy’s gaming requirements.
- Collaborated with Japanese counsel to evaluate coverage issues in the defense of a declaratory judgment action filed in Japan arising out of the insured’s sale of defective motor parts used in water heaters.
- Represent excess D&O insurance carrier in multi-jurisdictional bank failure claim involving three towers and nearly 20 underlying claims.
- Evaluated coverage for class action lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico alleging that the insureds knew or should have known that a certain pharmaceutical stock was an imprudent investment based on the insured’s engagement in undisclosed risky and improper activities with respect to its prescription drugs.
- Assessed coverage under D&O policy for allegations against hotelier in a foreign property transaction deal.
- Examined coverage under fidelity bond and acted as monitoring counsel for Bermuda insurer related to allegations that insured bank had involvement in massive Ponzi Scheme.
- Analyzed coverage issues with respect to lawsuit arising out of alleged employment discrimination.
- Evaluated coverage for two class action lawsuits filed against insureds involving subprime mortgage exposure.