- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of non-profit D&O insurer on the basis that claim was neither first made nor reported during the policy periods of two consecutive claims-made-and-reported policies.
- Secured grant of summary judgment for retrocessionaire on direct claim asserted by cedent's insured alleging that cedent was a fronting company for reinsurer.
- Obtained favorable ruling on motion to dismiss for lack of subject matter jurisdiction in coverage litigation against D&O insurer for breach of contract and bad faith in connection with coverage denial of claims asserted by liquidation trustee against former directors and officers of financial institution.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of coverage dispute arising from the property damage exclusion.
- Litigated declaratory judgment action on behalf of U.S. insurer seeking a finding of no coverage under primary nonprofit D&O policy.
- Evaluated coverage under D&O policy for securities lawsuits and regulatory investigations against a publicly-traded company.
- Represented D&O insurer in removal of state coverage lawsuit to federal bankruptcy court.
- Assessed coverage under D&O policy for various securities, derivative, and government investigations filed against a biotechnology company in connection with misrepresentations regarding their lead product.
- Drafted coverage denial letter for client in EPL matter arising from employment discrimination and unlawful retaliatory discharge.